Tutorial ‘Creating 3D games and apps with Away3D 4 and Stage 3D – Part 1’ problems

Software: Away3D 4.x

sigman.pl, Newbie
Posted: 18 September 2012 11:15 AM   Total Posts: 2

I’m following Adobe’s tutorial linked from Away3d tutorials page: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/creating-games-away3d.html . The problem is that it doesn’t work for me as well as for others. I’m using FlashBuilder 4.6, Flex SDK 4.6.0 and the latest Away3d version 4.0.9. When I’m trying to load the vase.awd I’m getting this error:

Error #2030: End of file was encountered.

at flash.utils::ByteArray/readBytes()

at away3d.loaders.parsers::AWD2Parser/parseTexture()[E:\dev\learning\away3d\gettingStarted\away4\src\away3d\loaders\parsers\AWD2Parser.as:458] 

This probably means that the data_len Unsigned Integer that is read just after the Byte specifying a ‘type’ is incorrect.
If I try to load the PolarBear.awd from Away3d examples, it loads it without an error but I don’t see anything on screen except grey background.

This is the first tutorial read by all beginners and it is so frustrating that so many people can’t get it working…

Could anyone please test if case.awd can be loaded with Away3d 4.0.9?

sigman.pl, Newbie
Posted: 18 September 2012 11:31 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 1 ]

Just downloaded Prefab3D, imported some random 3DMax model found on internet, exported to Away 2 and now the sample program from tutorial loads and shows it on screen all right. So apparently the sample awd files are problematic.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X