can I make 3d rooms in away3d

Software: Away3D 4.x

ganesh, Member
Posted: 21 August 2012 07:52 AM   Total Posts: 54

Hi, I am a new user here,

I just want to know, can I create 3d rooms in away 3d and can I have the same experience like the links below

http://alternativaplatform.com/swf/demos/flat/flat.swf
http://viragjeno.freebase.hu/showhall/

I may get a project where I have to build a 6 storied building in 3d, there will be stuff inside that building like tv, pc, chair, etc, and those stuffs should be able to detect events like mouseClick, RightClick, Scroll. Key up,down, left and right.. I will use flashcs4 and latest away3d gold

In showhall example you can see reflection on floor, can this be done in away 3d too..

I hope there must be someone very experienced in away3d to answer my doubts..

Thanks in advance.

parele, Jr. Member
Posted: 21 August 2012 08:13 AM   Total Posts: 43   [ # 1 ]

Yes it is possible, it seems though this is a big task…also when constructing your environments in your 3d software take in consideration of limitations start basic than expand..

I wouldn’t recommend making a 6 story building but more 6 separate levels and load them either in the background or when needed for better user experience.

Im a novice in away3d and finding the simplest task to be very difficult especially when most documentation refers to older versions…

mouse events are just simply targeted to the meshes name that you gave it when making your 3d object, scene…

Reflections can be done there is a few tutorials on this in regards to texture mapping.

I hope this gives you an idea. if you need an example i can make one up… hope you try first though let us know how you going with it.

ganesh, Member
Posted: 21 August 2012 10:00 AM   Total Posts: 54   [ # 2 ]

Thanks pareli, for quick reply, yes I will make buildings in level wise rather than in whole. Here I notice that there is no step by step tutorial for beginners, The first tutorial start for flash/flex builder only not for flash cs 4 users,, and the books available here are not free. well if I learn away3d I will surely post a tutorial.

And when I start the project, I may require some friends to help me hope I will get them here.

Thanks

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 22 August 2012 07:17 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

What kind of step by step tutorial are you looking for?

The thing with Flash CS4 is that it does not natively support Flash Player 11 and Stage3D (and thus Away3D) development. That means that you will either have to hack it yourself, and there are some guides around the web on how to do that, or upgrade to a more modern editor. I would strongly suggest trying out a proper IDE instead of using the Flash Pro code editor. In a 3D project, very little of your work will be outside of the coding realm.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X