swf works on desktop but not online

Software: Away3D 4.x

oladitan, Member
Posted: 09 August 2012 11:28 PM   Total Posts: 71

hello. what are some reasons why my .swf will work just fine on my desktop, but when i publish it online I only see a blank white application? I have embedded all of the resources involved. the .swf works fine on some websites. but not all websites. thank you.

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 10 August 2012 01:15 AM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 1 ]

Sounds like you’re missing wmode:“direct” in the html.

Whan you say it works on your desktop, I assume you mean by opening local html page that has the swf embedded? Have you uploaded the same html file? Also uploaded the ‘js’ folder?

Maybe try adding an awaystats box, and see what it says?

Does it have any 2d elements? If so, do they show up?

oladitan, Member
Posted: 10 August 2012 05:54 AM   Total Posts: 71   [ # 2 ]

thanks Mr Margaret Scratcher. Yes, the embedded swf works on my desktop from the flashdevelop project “bin” folder. I have included swfobject.js into the pages html and i have set wmode to direct. the 2d elements of my swf do show up. just not the 3d. thank you.

when i add stats. opening from my desktop the last comment is “DRIV:DirectX9Ex”

when openening a version embedded on the web: “DRIV: n/a (no view)”.

my goal is to upload a single swf that will be visible on any website. Is there a way to create an swf that is just a window to an for my entire bin folder’s “index.html”. I can host the entire bin folder and just have the swf link to the “index.html” inside of it.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 10 August 2012 11:13 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

Are you running the debug version of the player? If so you should be getting error messages, because it sounds like an exception is thrown before the view is able to render.

oladitan, Member
Posted: 10 August 2012 06:33 PM   Total Posts: 71   [ # 4 ]

there are no errors. is there a way to set ‘wmode’ to ‘direct’ from the project and without using html. thank you.

oladitan, Member
Posted: 10 August 2012 09:09 PM   Total Posts: 71   [ # 5 ]

i got the .swf to render properly by setting ‘wmode’ to ‘direct’ in the ‘object’ tag:

<object wmode="direct">
 <
embed wmode="direct">
 </
embed>
</
object

thank you guys.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username