Custom shaders

Software: Away3D 4.x

Lispo, Newbie
Posted: 01 August 2012 10:45 PM   Total Posts: 1

Hello! I do not know English very well, so if there are mistakes I am apologize in advance my project I want to use custom shaders and I will be use AGAL, but I don’t know how to connect and get to interact with the objects my custom shaders. Away 3D is my first expiriense in 3D I did not want to sound stupid by asking questions such. Could sombody give me exaple of custom shaders it’s desirable with commentaries. I will be thankful for any help.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 02 August 2012 08:02 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

There are basically two ways of creating custom shaders in Away3D. One is to build a new shader method. Look at the shader methods in the away3d.materials.methods package to figure out how to do that.

You can also create your own material (and associated render pass) entirely by extending MaterialBase. You can see what DefaultMaterialBase/DefaultScreenPass do, although if you want to just write a static shader your material class and screen pass will likely be much simpler than that.

Unfortunately there is no great documentation or any tutorials on how to write custom shaders, so you will have to try to make do with the existing code as reference. Ask any questions you may have here on the forums and we’ll try to help!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X