Use in away3d Meshes, bones and rigging (no animation)

Software: Away3D 4.x

su43berkut17, Newbie
Posted: 12 July 2012 04:33 PM   Total Posts: 6

Hello,

I’m developing a kinect application in which I load a model (human), the human model has this specs:

- The model is linked to the bones by skin modifier and some smaller objects are linked directly to the bones.
- The bones are rigged with ik helpers and box helpers applied to them to move the character.

I’d like to be able to import that model into away 3d and use as3nui to be able to mimic what the user does with my model.

My question is, what kind of format should I export my model so I can manipulate it (with the kinect skeleton information) keep my skin and links in away3d? As far as I know 3dsmax doesn’t have an md5 exporter. Also, I’d like to know if away3d supports inverse kinematics, so I just link my ik helpers position to its respective kinect skeleton part.

Thank you very much. ^^

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 12 July 2012 06:09 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

You should be able to use the AWD2 exporter for 3ds Max 2012 that you can download from the AWD Google Code page (http://awdformat.org).

Away3D does not at this point support IK.

su43berkut17, Newbie
Posted: 12 July 2012 10:20 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 2 ]

Thanks, I’m looking into it. Sadly, the mesh they use is md5 and not aw2 so I’m not so sure if it will be compatible with it. Is there a 3dsmax md5 exporter that I can use?

This is the some of the code from the source, they don’t specify if I should use md5 but I’d like just to be sure ^^

AssetLibrary.enableParser(RotatedMD5MeshParser);

AssetLibrary.addEventListener(AssetEvent.ASSET_COMPLETEassetCompleteHandlerfalse0true);

//you'll need a mesh in T-pose for rotation based rigging to work!
AssetLibrary.load(new URLRequest("assets/characters/export/character.md5mesh")); 

Thanks!

saurabh, Newbie
Posted: 08 January 2013 02:30 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 3 ]

I am also doing a similar project, everything is working fine for me. But my 3D avatar is added at a lower depth, i.e. behind the live video taken from my kinect.

Can anyone help me with this??

saurabh, Newbie
Posted: 18 February 2013 01:36 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]

I have loaded a 3D model which is synchronized with my as3nui to get the skeleton. But the prob arries when I m trying to rotate my 3D avatar,
rest every bone is loading and working as I wish.
Any help or link to a tutorial is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X