Setting up Away 3d in Flash Professional

Software: Away3D 4.x

Calvin, Newbie
Posted: 26 June 2012 08:25 PM   Total Posts: 4

Just starting out.  Setting up Away 3d for flash professional 5, and right away running into snarls. 

seems to me the problem is linking Flash to the Away 3d library. 

I have downloaded the away 3d file (containing a pb file and src file).  Which is inside a file where my fla project will be stored.

I have configured Flash so that in the publish setting Flash Player 11 is an option.  I believe that everything in Flash 5 is updated the way it should be to export Flash Player 11.

My understnading is that in the action script settings you must link the library path to an SWC file or folder containing SWC file.  Where should this be pointing to?  I’m assuming it’s to some level or file within the away 3d files I downloaded…however, not seeing an swc file.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 27 June 2012 08:05 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

Since you have downloaded the source for Away3D, you need to include the src folder of the Away3D distribution in your source path, not your SWC path. In the project ActionScript settings you can define both. Make sure you add the src folder as a source folder and it will just work.

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 27 June 2012 08:06 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 2 ]

OK, you dont’ need a swc file, you can just point to the scr folder.
Under Edit>Preferences>Actionscript>Actionscript3.0 add the path to your Away3d library. Flash CS5 doesn’t come setup for Flash 11. There are several tutorials out there to do this, including this one I wrote…
http://videometry.blogspot.dk/2011/07/setting-up-cs5-and-cs55-to-target-flash.html

You will find how to add libraries in your Help files for Flash.

Good Luck!

Calvin, Newbie
Posted: 27 June 2012 06:00 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 3 ]

Thanks!  That did it.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X