Kinematic objects?

Software: Away3D 4.x

kurzemnieks, Newbie
Posted: 08 June 2012 03:40 PM   Total Posts: 7

Hello.
I am trying to create kinematic object behavior - like elevator or other objects, that are animated by code (do not react to anything) and push other rigid bodies around.
I am using rigid body with 0 mass and modifying it’s position directly - but I am getting lot’s of errors - some objects are pushed, but most start to jiggle and penetrate my kinetic object and other objects.

What would be the best way to create kinematic objects and how to get rid of all the jiggling and penetration errors?
I think this is a must have feature.

I also noticed that with CF_KINEMATIC_OBJECT object can’t be positioned - it just sits at 0,0,0.

kurzemnieks, Newbie
Posted: 14 June 2012 07:02 AM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 1 ]

Nobody has anything?
I managed to get better results by manually calculating and setting linearvelocity to my “kinematic” static object, but still getting lot’s of penetration errors - especially if frame rate is lower. Seems like there is some penetration depth after object no longer knows what to do and goes through kinematic object..

zkr13, Newbie
Posted: 26 March 2015 07:34 PM   Total Posts: 12   [ # 2 ]

well, i just post a similar question… and the fact yours has several years with out response worries me because it seems to be no documentation at all about this. I even try to write an email to away foundation but no response was received.

member registration, Newbie
Posted: 20 May 2015 10:16 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 3 ]

Any ideas ?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X