Creating a MD5 file in blender for Away3d - can’t get it done

Software: Away3D 4.x

Biegzie, Jr. Member
Posted: 11 June 2012 07:04 PM   Total Posts: 39   [ # 16 ]

Ok for now, it works for me to export your example in doom3, will add it now to flashbuilder. And than, it’s up to me to change the model. Hopefully applying textures won’t be difficult. Are they embedded in the maya and md5 files?

How can I add 2 animations in Maya? like walk and run.

Hmm, It will work, thx, this is great!

Shegl, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 June 2012 07:38 PM   Total Posts: 134   [ # 17 ]

Yeah I glad to hear it.

You need make UV unwrap in maya or Blender. And in away3d asign material. md5mesh doesnt store textures.

How can I add 2 animations in Maya? like walk and run.
It’s easy here link for easy making Maya File Reference:

Setting Up a Reference File
You won’t want to animate in this file, it will be used as a reference file. Create a new Maya file and select File > Create Reference (click the options box for this menu). Under the section name ‘Name Clash Options’ make sure Use Namespaces is unchecked, and resolve ‘all nodes’ with ‘this string’ and in the box type a name that will be a prefix for everything in the reference file. For this example I would type GPMG and then click the reference box at bottom left of this window. This will bring up a file selection window where you select the reference file you made a moment ago. If this has worked, your reference file should be loaded into your new file, but now you will notice everything has the name you just set prefixing everything. Save this as a separate file (think of it as a child of the parent file). You can now animate in this and any subsequent files made from it safe in the knowledge you are not changing anything in your master reference file.
Also, should you need to make any core changes to the master file, such as adding new joints, reskinning or applying different materials for example, these changes will all be present in you child files. So, at this point, you should be ready to start animating the model. Well, go on then… smile

Read full tutorial for filereferenced md5 models, it’s very helpfull : wiki,splashdamage,com/index.php/MD5_Export_Process

Biegzie, Jr. Member
Posted: 11 June 2012 08:42 PM   Total Posts: 39   [ # 18 ]

you’re model is now waving his arms on my android, niceee, i’m soooo happy

Biegzie, Jr. Member
Posted: 12 June 2012 06:19 PM   Total Posts: 39   [ # 19 ]

If i go to uv texture editor, I can make a screenshot of the uv, and design it in photoshop. So I save that for example as a png.

But how will away3D use that image in the right way. Shouldn’t I send the coordinates of the UV map? How can I get them out of Maya? Do you have a flash code sample?

Biegzie, Jr. Member
Posted: 12 June 2012 07:07 PM   Total Posts: 39   [ # 20 ]

Lol, just added that png to my mesh in flash, and it works :D so the uv map is already present in the maya binary file.

Shegl, Sr. Member
Posted: 12 June 2012 08:51 PM   Total Posts: 134   [ # 21 ]

yes you can unwrap UV map in blender and it will be exported with Obj file.
It’s also md5mesh have UV map saved with export.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X