away3d IDE?

Software: Away3D 4.x

jagguy, Newbie
Posted: 03 June 2012 12:47 AM   Total Posts: 27

Is there going to be a IDE for away3d in the same way as Unity3D?

To learn away3D (with Education license)to work with Flashbuilder I had to produce an ID card which I needed to get redone and then scan this ID and send it off to Adobe and…...then I had to set up everything when I recieved FB and import Away3D and then get Physics and find help on Away3D..

I will be frank, I sort of gave up on Away3D when I found Unity3D and the amount of help I can get for it. I also wanted to get into Mobile programming which too many people stll claim ‘stay away from flash still’. Now these comments might be true/untrue but Unity3D is middleware at a level away3D just isn’t. I really was blown away with what Unity3D can do. Even Corona SDK blew me away.

I prefer AS3 but can someone give me some ‘any’ hope that away3D will be able to compete with UNity3D/UDK in the future? Is there any plans create such a away3D IDE? I have rally enjoyed away3D and AS3 in the past but the future of these products look bleak.

I wish to be proven wrong as I have no idea what Adobe plans for the future.
I am not writing this post to flame people either so sorry if I have offended anyone.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 03 June 2012 09:04 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Prefab3d, the Away3d editor. V2 is just release and is at very early stage of development. The idea is to extend it a lot in future. In contrast with most softwares, Prefab is updated very often.

As about looking bleak, I don’t think so. Actually I see Away’s future pretty bright. Tho that’s my colored personal view, so I’ll let you judge of that.
If another solution fits your needs better. Just use it.
You are always welcome to use our free and opensource solution whenever you like.

Oh and in case you want to try: http://www.closier.nl/prefab

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X