AWD2 exporter for Maya

Software: Away3D 4.x

vasilcom, Newbie
Posted: 28 May 2012 06:55 AM   Total Posts: 3

Could you please tell me where can I download and how can I install AWD2 exporter for Maya2011 on Windows 7 so that I could transfer animations to Away3d 4.0. I tried it but it gives me an error (// Error:  (MayaAWDExporter)). If this is not doable (I am new to both Maya and Away3d 4.0) is there a way to transfer animations from Maya to Away3d?
hank you very much in advance.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 28 May 2012 08:14 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

The Maya AWD exporter is right now out of sync with the specification (and hence the engine) due to a recent sprint of changes that resulted in the 3ds Max exporter, which should be working fine. So if you can, use 3ds Max. Otherwise you’re either going to have to wait until I’ve fixed it, or go back and use an old version of Away3D with an old version of the AWD SDK and Maya exporter.

It also depends on what you mean by “animation”. AWD supports storage of skeletal animation sequences. Other than that, it can’t export full-scene animation or anything like that.

vasilcom, Newbie
Posted: 30 May 2012 06:37 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

thanks for replying. finally i decided to solve this by using mb5 exporter for maya. seems to have some bugs but better than to move back to Away3D 3.x and 3dmax.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 30 May 2012 08:24 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

I think you may have misunderstood my reply. By “old version” I mean anything from about 2 months ago. It will still be Away3D 4.0 and AWD 2.0, just not the updated versions from about 6-7 weeks ago.

But if MD5 is working fine for your requirements then I suggest you continue using it until I’ve updated PyAWD to be synchronized with libawd, and published the Maya exporter.

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 30 April 2013 09:56 AM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 4 ]

Hi, I am new with Maya 2012 and Away3D, and I really need to be able to export a Maya file (animation or not) directly to Away3D. I have tried with OpenCOLLADA (but it doesn’t work for Maya 2012), also I tried AWD2 exporter, but it seams to only works with Maya 2013 as well,... I read I may be able to export as FBX format and choose the 2011 version under Advanced Options>FBX file format. Then get the standalone FBX converter 2011 and use that to convert to collada DAE format, and open in Away3D, but still it isn’t a direct way of converting Maya to Away3D.

I read up here that you were working on fixing the Maya AWD exporter on May 2012. Please tell me you have good news for me. For now I’ll try to download an older Away3D and AWD version and see how it works.

Also, how do I open an Away3D file in my Adobe Flash Professional CS6? Just open file> nameOfFile.awd? Sorry, I just started with this and don’t really understand how it works or how I can even just visualize things in Away3D.

Thank you a lot in advance for your work and effords Richard Olsson.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X