3DS complex model with multiple materials (Car) Help

Software: Away3D 4.x

PauloFer1, Newbie
Posted: 18 May 2012 05:26 PM   Total Posts: 5

Does Someone have a 3ds car model for with multiple material, such has glass, tires lamps… that I can load correctly?
I tried to import different models, but with no success, or missing textures, or textures width and height not multiple of 2.
I have one model that I can import, but i can apply the transparency on the glass (how can I do it?). I just can put a texture on the car and others on the wheels (because it’s separated mesh’s).
Is there any tutorial there I can follow?
I’m just desperate to do something like Nissan Juke (http://www.nissan-stagejuk3d.com/)
I just need to know how the 3DS model has to be built, and how do I load the different materials..
Please help..
Thanks..
Best Regards,
Paulo Fernandes

Paul Schlichter, Newbie
Posted: 19 May 2012 08:30 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 1 ]

You’ll have to divide the meshes in 3D Max so that every mesh finally just has only one texture on it. The 3ds importer is not capable of handling multiple materials per mesh, as far as i know…

Paul Schlichter, Newbie
Posted: 19 May 2012 08:35 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 2 ]

You’ll have to divide your mesh in 3D Studio, so that finally there is one mesh per material/texture. That is because aways 3ds importer is not capable of handling multiple textures per mesh, as far as i experienced it…

PauloFer1, Newbie
Posted: 23 May 2012 04:11 PM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 3 ]

Thanks, Is there some model that I can download to test it?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X