Suggestion needed on how to get md5 file types

Software: Away3D 4.x

Wucka, Newbie
Posted: 07 May 2012 07:13 PM   Total Posts: 23

Hello all,

I am working on some projects for phone and web apps. I have had great success loading in very complex and high quality models through .obj as well as .awd through prefab. Those two ways work very well.

My problem now is that I am tasked with creating an animated model that the user will be able to interact with. This could be controlling the animation or still being able to rotate the model and such while still being able to activate the animation.

I have ready a few posts on this forum and found that the suggested and most stable way to get an animation file over is through md5, both mesh and animation. I have seen numerous plugins and scripts for numerous 3d modelers that I have access to at the moment, such as blender and maya, but they are either out of date or just buggy.

My question is, what is the community using to get md5 files for use with the away3d 4.0 stage 3d environment. I have access to blender, maya, and milkshape, which allows me to use md2 and md5, but again those files have been very problematic and buggy. I am just curious if I need to keep banding my head against old outdated plug-ins to get them to work or if there is something out there that others are using that is designed better for md5 files exporting from a 3d modeler.

Thanks for any tips,

Wucka

Matse, Sr. Member
Posted: 08 May 2012 10:09 PM   Total Posts: 149   [ # 1 ]

MD5 is a mess, I believe everyone has pretty much its own “recipe” to get it to work. My graphic artist uses 3DS max, and the only way he found is using a pretty buggy maxScript that will only run in max 8 and will eventually crash or not ^^

I believe AWD2 is coming close now, and I’m pretty sure I’m gonna switch to using it. Not only for animated stuff but also for static meshes since current available formats are not so good.

Shegl, Sr. Member
Posted: 09 May 2012 12:50 AM   Total Posts: 134   [ # 2 ]

It’s very easy compile md5 by DOOM3 and Maya 6.0..

idettman, Newbie
Posted: 09 May 2012 07:53 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 3 ]

I’ve had the best results with milkshape

‹‹ Weld problem

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X