Installing and using away3d?

Software: Away3D 4.x

carnatus, Newbie
Posted: 08 April 2012 02:02 AM   Total Posts: 1

I am typically not a slacker when it comes to setting up API’s to use external files and libraries.  But this package seems to be out of the box.

I downloaded the source.  I placed the source in a common folder within my work area.  I open flash CS5.5 and create an FLA saving it in my project area.  I open the actionscript properties and point the source path and or library paths to the location of the away3d files.

In my FLA I do imports attempting to give me definitions to the classes.  The inline help shows away3d as an option on import statements, and will also give me the inline help during the creation of var’s that use the classes.  But when I try to compile I get errors saying the objects are undefined. 

I read that I might have to test using FP11, or that the location of the pb file is important.  Also saw a note that looked like you need to direct the document class to one of the away3d file.  Does that mean I cant write my own document class in the document class path?

I am not looking to do anything terribly fancy with away3d, I am just trying to evaluate the potential for our purposes, but this process of setting this up is rapidly turning me off to the product. 

Can anyone reccomend a more simple install/way of integrating Away3d? 

Can anyone suggest another 3D package add on for Flash that is a more straight forward install?

Carn

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X