HELP: Run Away3D 4 Examples

Software: Away3D 4.x

Wins Stars, Newbie
Posted: 14 March 2012 09:20 AM   Total Posts: 3

I’m a Flash designer, work with Flash Professional for years, and be attracted by Away3D 4’s awsome effects, I’m started learning coding with Flash Builder 4.5 recently.

I got core and example zips form github on Mar 9th;
FB ActionScript Project created;
FlexSDK 4.6 downloaded and used in my example project;
core’s src and pb folder in position;
example’s src, embeds, libs, html-template folders in position;
SWCs in libs folder added to library path;
set Basic_Load3DS as default application;

Everything seems ready so I hit the run button, no error, no warning, a firefox(btw: debug version of Flash Player 11.1 plugin installed) tab pops up, swf loaded, i saw the Away3D dashboard running, and the LOGO in the corner, I’m so excited.

Then, my first problem comes… there’s nothing on the stage except the dashboard and LOGO and a full black screen…

I tried almost every application in the example, same black screen…

When I running Basic_Load3DS, I saw dashboard display there are 17386 polys on the stage, so I know the model is actually loaded, but something else is affect the model’s show up.

I’m not a professional Flash coder, neither native English speaker(sorry for the writing skill). elsewhere is really lack for help for the noobs like me, so I hope I could find some help here.

Appreciate for every people who read my post, thank you!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 14 March 2012 09:34 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Make sure the camera is looking at the model, that the camera.lens.far value is big enough and finally that your camera isn’t inside your model.

Wins Stars, Newbie
Posted: 14 March 2012 10:44 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

thanks for the help Fabrice!

I’m already solved the problem.

I use FlashFirebug to debug this example and found a runtime error #2044, text=Error #3702: Context3D.

in fact, for some reason, index.template.html in the example’s html-template folder is not overwrite the file in my project correctly. when run, params.wmode = “direct” is not set. A low-level mistake. red face

Continue to my study…

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X