Away3d 4.0 + Flex Mobile + Air 3.2 Barebones Project

Software: Away3D 4.x

rich, Newbie
Posted: 10 March 2012 03:56 PM   Total Posts: 17

If ANYONE has a Away3d 4.0 + Flex Mobile + Air 3.2 Barebones Project working on an IPhone,  I would REALLY appreciate you posting it/sending it my way.  I have a working Away3d 4.0 + FLASH Mobile + Air 3.2 Barebones Project, but no Flex project working.

Thanks in Advance.

artpluscode, Newbie
Posted: 21 March 2012 12:21 AM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 1 ]

Hi Rich,
I’ve just managed to get Away3D running on my iPad with Stage3D/openGL. AIR 3.2, Flash Builder 4.6 - woohoo grin
I put the project up on github: https://github.com/zerozero/Flash-Builder-4.6—-Away3D—-AIR-3.2—-iOS-Barebones
And I documented my approach here: http://artpluscode.com/blog/?p=128 - hope it’s comprehensible. Hope you can get some use from it.

rich, Newbie
Posted: 03 April 2012 01:49 AM   Total Posts: 17   [ # 2 ]

First of all, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your very thorough explanation.  Your efforts and code are greatly appreciated!!!!  The code works beautifully, in a Flex project on an IOS device.  The only problem I’m still having is getting the cube (or any other mesh I add) to register MouseEvent3D events!!!!  Nothing seems to work (I’ve listed out some of the things I’ve tried here..none seem to work:

File: Canvas3D.as (initScene() function):
.... //None of these event listeners fire…only View3d events.
this.mouseEnabled = true;
  this.mouseChildren=true;
  _view3D.forceMouseMove = true;
  _view3D.mouseEnabled = true;
  _view3D.mouseChildren = true;
  mesh.mouseEnabled = true;
  mesh.mouseChildren = true;
  _view3D.scene.addChild( mesh );
  mesh.addEventListener(MouseEvent3D.MOUSE_MOVE,cubeMove);
  mesh.addEventListener(MouseEvent3D.CLICK,cubeClick);
  mesh.addEventListener(MouseEvent3D.MOUSE_OVER,cubeOver);
  mesh.addEventListener(“mouseDown”,cubeMouseDown);
  mesh.addEventListener(“mouseOver”,cubeMouseOver);

If you have any ideas as to why Away3d 4.0 isn’t working with events, please let me know.  Also, I found very odd behavior when I used my own mesh…no matter how I oriented the camera, the MouseEvent3D events only fired when I clicked in the bottom right of the view…weird!  In this situation it’s like the whole sprite - flex embedding messed up the coordinate system…any thoughts are much appreciated!.....but regardless thanks for posting your solution….very helpful!

artpluscode, Newbie
Posted: 04 April 2012 06:17 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 3 ]

Hi Rich,
I’ve been having problems with this too - finally stumbled on this issue on the Away3D github site https://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/issues/229 . It seems it’s a known bug due to pixel bender not being supported on iOS. Apparently a fix is in the works (03.29.12) and “should be applied to the dev branch shortly”

rich, Newbie
Posted: 06 July 2012 08:07 PM   Total Posts: 17   [ # 4 ]

Hey “artpluscode”,

Is there anyway that you could attribute a friendly license (MIT, Apache, etc.) to your code/project?

Thanks,
Rich

artpluscode, Newbie
Posted: 09 July 2012 12:40 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 5 ]

Hi Rich,

I have now released it under the MIT License - see the ReadMe.

Do let me know of any interesting uses you put it to!

Cheers

Jon

rich, Newbie
Posted: 09 July 2012 02:12 PM   Total Posts: 17   [ # 6 ]

Hey Jon,

Thanks a lot for your help and being willing to release it under MIT! 
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

rich, Newbie
Posted: 09 July 2012 09:37 PM   Total Posts: 17   [ # 7 ]

Hey Jon,

One other quick question here, we’ve been trying to get the cam controller working using the pinch gesture with Flex + Away3d 4.0, but to no avail so far.  Have you been able to do so?

Thanks,
Rich

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X