a couple of question

Software: Away3D 4.x

bardo, Member
Posted: 02 March 2012 11:48 AM   Total Posts: 79

hi all , have another couple of question for you :

1 Bitmap Texture and the power of 2
when using Bitmap texture , dimensions of Bitmap must be power of 2 ... is there a work around for this? i need different dimensions texures ...

2. Background
I need to use a bg on my project. it has to be centered respect the stage. I first thought of using a CSS bg , but wmode=direct is not transparent : any suggestion?

Thanks!

bardo, Member
Posted: 05 March 2012 09:07 AM   Total Posts: 79   [ # 1 ]

bump! even a ‘i will not respond to this’ , by admins , is a good answer ... better than no answer at all.

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 05 March 2012 11:45 AM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 2 ]

1 You don’t need different dimensions. SCale your image to fit power of 2.
You can actually use non power of 2 by disabling mipmapping. BUT just scale your image.

2 There is a backgroundImage property to the view. SO you can add a bitmap to the view.
Views can’t be transparent, they were supposed to be but for some reason it never happened.

ps both these have been asked a few times on the forum.

bardo, Member
Posted: 05 March 2012 11:55 AM   Total Posts: 79   [ # 3 ]

thanks for the replay :

1. i have a video ( to use with video texture) that is 960x449 ...scaling it will result in a distorted video ....

2. i found a view.background (not view.backgroundImage)... ho use a bitmap as background? it seems actually the view write on the bitmap background ... but maybe i havent found the right property .

I checked the forum before submit the post .. i wasn’t able to find an asnwer!

Thanks!

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 05 March 2012 12:59 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 4 ]

Used to be backgroundImage now its just background.

view.background = new BitmapTexture(YourBitmapData);

Not used video yet but, if its same as image, scale the video to power of two, apply the video to a plane that has the same ratio as the video before scaling.
Try it.

bardo, Member
Posted: 05 March 2012 01:20 PM   Total Posts: 79   [ # 5 ]

tnx man .. ill post the results!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X