Perspective issues in certain Flash Players (v10?)

Software: Away3D 3.x

Mr Andersson, Newbie
Posted: 21 February 2012 09:47 AM   Total Posts: 16

Hello!

When I run a project (or example) based on Away3D 3.6 or Away3D Lite, the perspective is off, or it is zoomed way out, and possibly have some more strange artifacts. This is, if I run it locally (Flash Player 10) or directly from within Flash CS4. However, viewing in my browser it works alright (version 11.1).

Almost all objects are just tiny dots when they should fill the screen. Tried to change the zoom, which help a little, but things get distorted.

When I last work with Away, nigh on two years ago, I remember the same issue with Away3D Lite, but then with all my players. My 3.4-based project worked/works fine however.

I’m guessing it has something to do with the native transformations, which came in 3.6 and has been in Lite throughout?

But i’m curious what causing this. Is it just my peculiar version of Flash Player 10 that behaves this way? I could probably upgrade and solve it for myself, but it is the other users I’m worried about, and would like to understand what the deal is. I’m working on improvements of the old project, and would like to avoid push the requirements to flash 11 (then I would go for Away3D 4!)

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X