away 3d for online modeling and automatic price calculation

Software: Away3D 3.x

moulsi, Newbie
Posted: 26 January 2012 07:01 PM   Total Posts: 3

Hi floks,

I am on a project with some of my classmate our goal is to design an interactive tool for costumers to allow them to design the home of theirs dreams. a data base will run on the background according of theirs choice an automatic calculation will be done and give a price.
We are thinking about to do it with away 3d but for the price calculation we don’t know how to do it. May be combine PHP and away3d if you can give us please some tips.

Thank you a lot

mrpinc, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 January 2012 08:28 PM   Total Posts: 119   [ # 1 ]

Most likely you would submit data to a server and that would output your price calculation,  it would be acceptable to do the calculation on the client if there was not too many customization options, but if you want your system flexible using a backend would be preferred.  If you actually plan on selling the user anything make sure to indicate that the tool only gives an estimation and any final price would have to be determined by a real person, otherwise it would be a target for hacking.

inSertCodE, Sr. Member
Posted: 27 January 2012 04:45 PM   Total Posts: 105   [ # 2 ]

Sorry for being rude but you are on wrong forum. Away3d can give you the nice 3d graphics and interaction but what goes “under the hood” has nothing to do with away3d. You’ll have more luck on Flash forums. When you build up the skeleton of you’re application come back to away3d to put some nice graphics over it.
PHP handling the data is a good way to go so you can start from there… But Flash/PHP communication has nothing to do with away3d.

moulsi, Newbie
Posted: 28 January 2012 03:48 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 3 ]

Hi thx for your replay, sorry if I am wrong with the forum.

SO if I understand I have to use another flash tool to build the skeleton of the building, use php for the price calculation ( back end) then use away 3d for the end design (door, windows, color etc.. )

What tool could you suggest to me ?
should we build the animation then the php part for the price or we can combine both ?

Regards

inSertCodE, Sr. Member
Posted: 29 January 2012 12:49 AM   Total Posts: 105   [ # 4 ]

You go something like this:

*Use php to calculate and feed your flash app with final/usable data -OR- use php to feed your flash app with raw data and process that data with flash

*Use 3d design app to make the 3d models for you app

*Use flash to make your app with combination of away3d to make the graphical display of your app.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X