very basic problem with away3d and flash under linux

Software: Away3D 4.x

mikeG, Newbie
Posted: 22 January 2012 03:08 PM   Total Posts: 1

Hi,

Total newbie at flash in linux, but I would love to be able to develop there,
since I do everything else in linux as well ...

I am trying to run an example from “The Essential Guide to 3D in Flash”
using away3d, using swf files that were generated under windows (using Flash CS4) and compiled in the command line in Ubuntu. So when I open the swf file that was generated with Flash CS4 in firefox everything shows up fine, but the swf file that was compiled under linux shows a blank screen ...

The .as file seems to compile fine (there are now error messages). So I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I installed FlexSDK 4 under linux and used the svn checkout for away3d. I am running shockwave flash 11…. under linux and this seems to be working just fine with any other swf file.

Note that when I installed FlexSDK and away3d under linux, I did not compile any libraries. I read a few posts that seemed to suggest that one is supposed to do that, but from what I could find, there was no mentioning of that in the the above mentioned book ...

Any help is highly appreciated !

Thanks,

Mike

Matse, Sr. Member
Posted: 22 January 2012 06:57 PM   Total Posts: 149   [ # 1 ]

I’m a total Linux noob, what IDE are you using to compile ?

I think you have to compile with -swf-version=13 although not sure if that corresponds to the problem you describe or if it would throw errors instead.

Also I seem to remember something wrong about away3d svn - could be wrong or that could have been fixed meanwhile but still, getting away3D from github might be worth trying ?

https://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X