Change Equipment

Software: Away3D 4.x

Gugis, Newbie
Posted: 11 January 2012 12:36 PM   Total Posts: 6

Hi. I’m exploring Away3D features and I’m going to make RPG game. Now i wonder how equipment changing works.
I guess such objects like sword or helmet is easy to change it’s just need to be attached to bone some how. But how works armors? How to rig them? I’d like to see some examples, of course if there are any. If not, some hints would be helpful.
Sorry for my bad English

Gugis, Newbie
Posted: 12 January 2012 07:45 AM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 1 ]

Somebody? smile

Leo Brennan, Newbie
Posted: 12 January 2012 02:29 PM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 2 ]

I haven’t done it yet but I would assume if you know the size of the body you can just apply the armour mesh to a joint that’s in the middle of the chest then it should fit around it correctly.

inSertCodE, Sr. Member
Posted: 17 January 2012 04:42 PM   Total Posts: 105   [ # 3 ]

Search on google and see how the big (companies) guys do it. I would suggest looking at some WOW models.
Basically every part (head, body, boots, gloves) goes separately in such a way that they all fit to each different body. Then they engine assembles them based on what the hero has.
However so many different models will weight heavy in filesize so if you are planing to make the game load from the net each time you should rethink again. Such RPG (as you described) won’t fit in the recommended 5-10 MB net game.

PS. If you plan to have different races too or different genders or different hero weight/size you will have to make each peace of equipment different to fit the hero’s size/gender ect.
Basically if you have 2 races with male and female (all males/females have the same basic model within their race) you’ll need 4 models just for 1 amror type.
RPG is definitely not an 1 man job.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X