Away3D 4.0 MouseEvent3D not firing in flex spark application

Software: Away3D 4.x

shanepdesigns, Newbie
Posted: 14 December 2011 03:36 AM   Total Posts: 4

I can’t get MouseEvent3D events to fire in flex (spark). I have tried this with the flex 4.5 and 4.6 sdk.  I have set the properties that enable click events, I have created a custom skin for the application to remove the background that normally covers the Stage3D layer. Just to test a theory I have even set the whole application.visible=false so the only layer should be the stage3d and I can see my whole 3D scene, but no mouse events. 

I have created an extensive app that has my whole gui done in flex that sits on top of multiple 3D scenes. It would be a lot of work to redo it in pure as3.

Should MouseEvent3D events work in flex? Has anyone got them to work in flex or am I the only person trying?

Thanks,

-Shane

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 January 2012 12:58 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

I had them working in Flex. I had the 3D window in the base class.

Could you post the method assigning the functions to objects?

You could also put a trace in the mouseManager in Away3D 4 to make sure it’s checking events. Just an idea smile

angvzp0x, Newbie
Posted: 27 May 2012 04:13 PM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 2 ]

i have the same problem, i based my app on the BasicInteractive demo converted to mxml. the mouseevent3d only triggers for the mesh objects - torus cube sphere, but not for any collada models i load…

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X