Question about license

Software: Away3D 4.x

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 03 April 2012 08:05 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 16 ]

No, you do not have to. By placing the Away3D logo/credits you simply show that opensource matters to you.

Rayen123, Member
Posted: 28 May 2012 01:53 PM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 17 ]

Thanks, i will wink

So ,
if I use only Away3D I dont need to pay 9% to adobe,
if I use AWAY3D and AWAY3D physics I must to pay 9% to adobe,

if I use AWAY3D and Box2D I must to pay 9% to adobbe or not ? Am I right ?

Thanks for answer.

ASWC, Member
Posted: 28 May 2012 03:11 PM   Total Posts: 76   [ # 18 ]

This licensing thing is simple.

First of all it concerns only app running on the web. All app running on mobile can use both Stage3D and DomainMemory (Alchemy) without paying Adobe 9% of revenues.

For apps running on the web, using Stage3D and DomainMemory (Alchemy) in the same app requires license and paying 9% of revenues is they exceed 50K per year. It doesn’t matter what is using DomainMemory and what is using Stage3D, if you have both you qualify.

This is a design decision that you have to take first. There’s Box2D classic and Box2D alchemy you can choose from. Note that also Adobe says it itself that Alchemy does not improve performance whatsoever but is more a tool for providing a convenient way to write code that some developer are more comfortable with.

Rayen123, Member
Posted: 28 May 2012 03:47 PM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 19 ]

Thanks smile

And what if I create a paid game for Android , and I create free demo for web, must I have paid 9% or not (If I use stage3D and domain)?

ASWC, Member
Posted: 28 May 2012 03:57 PM   Total Posts: 76   [ # 20 ]

If what you have on the web does not directly generate revenues then you won’t have to pay anything. You’ll still need your developer key though.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X