Accessing the individual polygon in imported .obj

Software: Away3D 4.x

ewelina, Newbie
Posted: 23 June 2011 10:09 AM   Total Posts: 1

Hi, I have question regarding accessing the individual polygon in the object .obj I’ve imported - is it possible?

What I need in particular is the woman figure, which shape is adjustable by the user, less or more like here in virtual model tab, but much more simple (just basic parameters). I don’t need the animation, just simple woman looking at the user wink.

I wonder - is it possible with away3d?

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 23 June 2011 11:14 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

All geometry data can be accessed from the Mesh via it’s subMeshes and their subGeometries. There you will find vertex and index buffers that contain all the data for vertex positions and which vertices are bound together to form triangles, respectively. You can modify that data any way you want.

Data is not accessible in Away4 like it used to be in earlier versions, via Face and Vertex classes. This is because there is so much more data now, and with complex geometry the amount of instances that would be created in such a system would greatly affect performance.

We are creating utility classes to aid in modifying geometry, though. Fabrice will likely be able to provide a better answer regarding those.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X