view.scene background color transparency settings

Software: Away3D 4.x

maddog, Sr. Member
Posted: 21 October 2011 02:56 AM   Total Posts: 118

I have been modifying the example for loading a 3ds model and have notice that the background for view/scene is black. I am wondering if there is a way to make it transparent like it use to be. Secondly I have also notice if i place a drawing or picture on the regular flash stage the view/scene is always behind that drawing or object even if I use addChild to add the drawing to stage before adding view/scene. Is there anyway to change the depth.  Here is what i have so far.

http://www.lukascanoe.com/away3d/

Thanks for any Ideas
Maddog

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 21 October 2011 07:10 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

Stage3D is always drawn behind everything, per Adobe’s design of the Flash Player. So you cannot get it to draw on top of any of your regular display objects.

Hence, there is no way to have a transparent Stage3D (because there would be nothing behind it that would shine through anyway.) Use View3D.backgroundColor to change the background color.

maddog, Sr. Member
Posted: 21 October 2011 07:30 AM   Total Posts: 118   [ # 2 ]

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I will have to work around that then.
That kind of suck though when you have it in front of a image loaded into HTML as a background. So would that still hold true if i built a project exported it as a swf and then imported it into another swf movie. if so that is really limiting.

seacave, Newbie
Posted: 15 November 2011 08:41 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 3 ]

You could render the background in your scene. Should be easy if it is static. Nice demo so far, I like the camera movement. Are you using a default camera class, or a custom one?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X