Upgraded to gold , now scene is blank

Software: Away3D 4.x

synkarius, Member
Posted: 10 August 2012 07:43 PM   Total Posts: 64   [ # 16 ]

I can give you further information but not entirely solve your problem. Away3D has (had?) issues with the .mtl file. All of my .objs use a single .jpg or .png as their texture file, so I’m able to just cut out the .mtl and delete all the references to it in the .obj file (as Choons suggested in that thread I linked). Obviously with this model, that would complicate the hell out of things for you.

A working, but nonoptimal solution would be to combine all of your .pngs into a single giant .png and redo your UV map. You might also be able to manually re-map which .pngs’ BitmapData gets assigned to which UV coordinates, but that just seems like more trouble than it’s worth.

mrpinc, Sr. Member
Posted: 10 August 2012 07:57 PM   Total Posts: 119   [ # 17 ]

Yeah unfortunately that is not an option.  I guess Prefab is still using an older version of Away3D.  Remapping the UVs can’t really happen but if I could make some other changes to the material files that might be a possible fix.

synkarius, Member
Posted: 10 August 2012 08:12 PM   Total Posts: 64   [ # 18 ]

I’m at the limits of my expertise here, but in that case, I’d suggest looking at the source of the OBJParser class to see exactly what’s going on and what changes you’d want to make either to it or your .mtl file.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 10 August 2012 10:19 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 19 ]

@mrpinc, not quite, Prefab is using latest, even newer than master, as it holds the parsers with some fixes that I’ve pushed this morning, now available in dev branch.

I don’t know if applicable, but do you know that prefab would remap all for you? Not only it would regroup and arrange your materials in atlases, it would also remap the merged meshes accordingly. If you would want keep all independant (multiple meshes) you could then use collapse. then export.

Note that the atlas generation/remapping work but requires a great deal attention (know how) atm. Depending on merge sequence and the sources sizes used into your materials you can get more or less efficient atlasses. I plan add a ui for this at some point…

mrpinc, Sr. Member
Posted: 13 August 2012 05:06 PM   Total Posts: 119   [ # 20 ]

Indeed using the latest Dev branch - all my obj files render correctly.

I’ll wait until the dev gets integrated into master before i migrate my project though.

Thanks for the help.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X