ByteArray.writeObject on Collada object container?

Software: Away3D 3.x

boowoo, Newbie
Posted: 05 August 2012 11:39 AM   Total Posts: 5

Hey guys, another question here. I am using Away3D 3.6 and want to speed up the loading of COLLADA files. I tried to simply serialize the ObjectContainer3D with ByteArray.writeObject and this seems to work however trying to load it back gives me a boot exception. I tried some googling and found it I need to use registerClassAlias on the dependent classes, but even if I register every single Away3D class I’m out of luck :( . Did anyone else try that, had some success with it? If not, what could I do to speed up the loading?

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 06 August 2012 07:21 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

I suggest you use Prefab to export your DAE file as ActionScript, that you can compile into your project. That will essentially yield the same result once compiled as the writeObject() approach, had it worked.

boowoo, Newbie
Posted: 07 August 2012 09:30 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 2 ]

Thank you, Richard, but sadly Prefab does not export animations in the 3.6+ variant :/ It only exports the armature as an empty mesh, but all bone key frames are effectively ignored.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 07 August 2012 10:14 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

I see. Then I guess you are probably out of luck if you don’t want to create your own serialization of some sort. I’m afraid it is unlikely that we will implement any support for new formats (like AWD2) in Away3D 3.x.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 07 August 2012 11:23 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

Prefab2 can export your bones animated sources (md5, collada and awd2) to md2. These do play in all versions of the engine and perform way better than bones animations in player 10.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X