Exporting .obj file from blender with simple coloured material

Software: Away3D 4.x

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 24 July 2011 10:43 PM   Total Posts: 344

Hi there, I have no problem in exporting a .obj with UV textures etc, but what I’m having difficulty with is just setting a simple material, like the default material, and having those materials applied to the .obj in away3d. I’m not worried about things like the specularity etc (but that would be good), I’m just trying to get the colour of the material to show up.

Any ideas?

EFFalcon, Jr. Member
Posted: 25 July 2011 12:07 AM   Total Posts: 44   [ # 1 ]

So you’re after the Materials as they’re defined in Blender to come up when imported?

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 25 July 2011 12:58 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 2 ]
EFFalcon - 25 July 2011 12:07 AM

So you’re after the Materials as they’re defined in Blender to come up when imported?

Exactly. Just like exporting a scene with different UV textures on each part, but with the simple colour shading from blender, otherwise I’m going to either have to go through using one of the above methods, which seems overly complicated..

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 27 July 2011 02:50 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

I’m not sure if the Blender OBJ exporter supports color materials, but if it does then it’s a parser issue, and you should file a feature request on GitHub if you can.

The AWD exporter that I’m currently developing for Blender will support color materials (and basically any material in Away3D that has an equivalence in Blender.)

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X