Away3d 4 and nVidia 3D Vision 2

Software: Away3D 4.x

xinlv2004, Newbie
Posted: 20 July 2012 12:34 AM   Total Posts: 2

Away3d support nvdia 3d vision 2? how to ?

asus vg278h
3d vision 2
flex 4.6
away3d 4

thanks

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 20 July 2012 11:14 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe NVIDIA 3D Vision uses shutter glasses, right? That would mean that you should be able to achieve a stereoscopic effect simply by alternating the camera left and right every other frame. The big problem is the synchronization between the glasses and the screen, but I assume NVIDIA has solved that by looking at the actual GPU refresh rate? If that’s the case, using Away3D should work since it runs on the same clock.

If you can provide a little more information about how this system works, we could probably help you assess the feasibility of getting stereoscopic 3D working with Away3D through it.

laurent, Newbie
Posted: 20 July 2012 12:06 PM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 2 ]

I don’t know if it works with Away3D but I made several applications compatible with 3DVision (first version) using DirectX.

Actually, there is nothing to do at your application level, everything is taken care by the nvidia driver, you just need to put the right settings in the Nvidia application panel. At that time, it was only working in full screen mode.

This issue is not specific to away3d.
I think you should ask on Nvidia forum or Adobe Forum if Flash + stage3D on windows (so internally DirectX) can run in stereo…

xinlv2004, Newbie
Posted: 21 July 2012 03:58 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 3 ]

thanks

I open 3d vision option in nVidia control panel, but 3d don’t work

I try it in unity3d, it work!

but i want to use away3d!

Posted: 21 July 2012 09:41 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 4 ]

If you can provide some information about how to make it work, we can try to make that happen.

laurent, Newbie
Posted: 21 July 2012 09:53 AM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 5 ]

@richard Nvidia 3D Vision includes an active stereo device (the shutter glass with and infra red emitter used for synchonization) and a specific Nvidia driver.

To make a 3D application compatible to it, you have two options as a programmer:
- Using OpenGL, you can implement what is called Quad Buffer stereo where you use two buffers to render, one for each eye. The Nvidia driver takes care of the sync with the glasses. This only works with Nvidia quadro cards but it is the “standard” (at least historical) way of doing stereo in virtual reality applications as you have full control on it.
-  Using DirectX, Nvidia is doing it at the driver level and you don’t need to do anything. They “modify” the shader program to offset the view for the right and left eye and they take care of the synchronisation with the device.
Thus for most directX deskop applications(like the one produced with Unity, not sure if it works on their webplayer) it will run automatically if you activate the program in the Nvidia control panels.

Posted: 21 July 2012 09:57 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 6 ]

Yeah, I actually assumed that’s what they were doing on the DirectX side. Then it’s out of our control.

Quad-buffering is not supported by OpenGL ES2 and hence not by Stage3D.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X