After parsing Collada only one material is left….....

Software: Away3D 4.x

Bas, Newbie
Posted: 19 July 2012 01:46 PM   Total Posts: 23

After parsing a collada file, only one material is left in the AssetLibrary. In the beta of 4.0 it was ok…... i can’t pinpoint where it goes wrong. This results in my model to just have one color.

Could this be a bug?

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 19 July 2012 02:25 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

It could be a bug. Does the file contain several materials, but some of them are not picked up by the AssetLibrary?

Bas, Newbie
Posted: 19 July 2012 02:33 PM   Total Posts: 23   [ # 2 ]

The collada file i use contains several materials. I’ll attach the file just in case the file is broken. In the “_libMaterials” in the “DAEParser” i can see all the materials. But they don’t appear in the AssetLibrary….......

File Attachments
adt-fzk.zip  (File Size: 241KB - Downloads: 190)

Posted: 19 July 2012 02:37 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

This does indeed sound like a potential bug. Please file a bug report at http://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/issues and include a link to this thread so that we can find the file from there. We’ll try to take a look at it and sort it out ASAP!

Bas, Newbie
Posted: 20 July 2012 07:16 AM   Total Posts: 23   [ # 4 ]

Filed a bug report. I hope it’s easy to fix.

Posted: 25 July 2012 10:18 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 5 ]

I’ve fixed this now in the dev branch. I’m a little weary of merging it into master since master is supposed to be stable (and I’m not 100% sure this won’t affect other DAE files negatively.)

If you can switch to the dev branch for your future development that would be great. Otherwise you can just apply the commit that fixes the issue (and that is referenced from the issue report on GitHub) onto whatever branch you’re using.

If you are unfamiliar with Git and want to download the dev branch as a zip file, you can do so from: http://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/zipball/dev

Bas, Newbie
Posted: 25 July 2012 02:40 PM   Total Posts: 23   [ # 6 ]

Wow fantastic you could fix this so quickly! Thanks! No time today to test it out, but will do so tomorrow.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X