Still no 3d model. Only the stats…..

Software: Away3D 4.x

Bas, Newbie
Posted: 18 July 2012 01:21 PM   Total Posts: 23

Hello everyone.

I’m starting to get a little more crazy then i am already….......
I implemented the new away3d 4 engine but the only thing i see is the awaystats but no 3d model. In the stats i can see the model is indeed loaded because the poly-count increases.
I tried every suggestion i could find out here; ie. rendermode, background alpha, but nothing helped.

Could someone help me out??

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 18 July 2012 03:19 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

You say “still” which seems to suggest that this is a problem that you’ve had before. Do you have another thread on the forums running already?

Are you running the debug version of the player? Has it worked before and stopped working with the latest version?

Have you made sure that the model is a suitable scale, so that it’s not too small to show up?

Are you using Flex or regular Flash/AS3? Can you see the view’s background color (by default black) being rendered to cover the stage?

Bas, Newbie
Posted: 19 July 2012 06:40 AM   Total Posts: 23   [ # 2 ]

Thanks for the fast reply..

I’ve been trying to figure this out for a few days now and i was a little desperate when i wrote this.
After i wrote this i found the skin responsible and i saw my 3d model!

We are building and maintaining a pretty large flex/air application, Ticon, and it’s massively skinned.
So it’s easy to oversee one skin with a background in it….....
For reference if interested: Ticon and 3D in Ticon

My question now is, is there any way to keep skins in place, but make the stage3d visible, or put it in front of the regular stage in some way?

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 19 July 2012 08:15 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

There is no way of getting Stage3D to render over display list UI elements. The only way is to render those elements to textures and using them behind the Away3D view. You can do that by setting the Vew3D.background property, or you can use something like Starling together with Away3D and layer content on top of each other.

In most cases though, you probably want the 3D viewport to act like a window into the 3D scene, i.e. be a proper cropping rectangle, and in that case your best bet is just to cut out a “hole” from your display list UI to let the Stage3D content show through.

Bas, Newbie
Posted: 19 July 2012 09:13 AM   Total Posts: 23   [ # 4 ]

Now i’m wondering why they chose to put the 3d stage(s) behind the normal stage….

Thanks Richard, i go for the second option and make a peek-hole in the UI.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X