TextureMaterial repeat=true is good, but repeat=false is broken

Software: Away3D 4.x

mani, Newbie
Posted: 16 July 2012 07:12 AM   Total Posts: 6

Hi, guys, could anybody tell me what’s the problem? Is the TextureMaterial too small?

The left one use repeat=false, right use repeat=true.

Thanks for your time!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 16 July 2012 09:29 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

If you set repeat is false, you need to have a model uv mapped into 0-1 range. The size of the source map doesn’t matter.

mani, Newbie
Posted: 16 July 2012 03:00 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 2 ]
Fabrice Closier - 16 July 2012 09:29 AM

If you set repeat is false, you need to have a model uv mapped into 0-1 range. The size of the source map doesn’t matter.

Please tell me where to see the uv mapped range or how can I control it? In 3dmax or away3d Mesh?

Thanks!

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 16 July 2012 03:46 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

There are no tools in Away3D to “normalize” the UV coordinates, although you could of course write code to do so yourself, by checking the minimum and maximum U and V scaling all UV coordinates down by a suitable amount. That will likely not yield the desired results however, so you should probably do it in your 3D tool instead, but I’m afraid I can’t help you there. You might be better off asking about 3ds Max in some Max-related forum.

My main question though is why do you want to change it at all? That model seems to have been created for a repeating texture for a reason, and the texture that you’re using seem to match the model. What is it that you want to achieve?

Ivan Moreno, Newbie
Posted: 16 July 2012 05:13 PM   Total Posts: 22   [ # 4 ]

Hello,

As Richard said you can do it by scaling the UV coordinates of the mesh, but is more precise and easy to do it directly in the modeling software. In my opinion this is one of the most important proces in the workflow between modelers and programmers, and needs to be well done to do not have mapping and lighting problems later, among other issues. I couldn’t find some other tuts that I had in my bookmarks (Is totally a mess there), but this one will help you out for this case, I believe. uvmapping in 3d studio max using the unwrap uvw modifier

Best,

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X