Baking UV texture

Software: Away3D 4.x

Baush, Sr. Member
Posted: 13 July 2012 12:09 AM   Total Posts: 135

Hello, I was wondering if there is an utility in the Away3d 4 to “bake/draw” the UV texture onto a bitmap. In other words, to get the uv layout in white on a black background for example.

Would it even be possible to have the shading baked in as well?

I’m thinking about something similar to what PreFab can do.

Thanks

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 13 July 2012 07:18 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

No, there is no such feature. This is something that you should generally be doing in your 3D editor rather than in a runtime 3D rendering engine, which is why this type of feature is not something we have prioritized.

Can you explain a use case? If you’re looking to paint textures for the primitive geometries in Away3D, they all have procedural (and hence very predictable) UV coordinates. Let me know if you’re wondering about any one in particular.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 13 July 2012 01:27 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

Note that it is Prefab 1.x only for now. I plan restore the uv editor and add new UV’s related stuff very soon. Priorities are else where atm.

Baush, Sr. Member
Posted: 16 July 2012 02:36 AM   Total Posts: 135   [ # 3 ]

I basically allow users to draw on the UV texture. Currently I’m baking the texture from Blender as a guideline to drawing on the UV.

If I could have automatically generated the UV instead of having to generate a UV layout for each model, it would simply speed up the pipeline.

Perhaps I could take a look at the UV coordinates and draw the triangles on a bitmap programmatically.

I simply wanted to check if something as such already existed instead of coding it myself.

Thanks!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X