Swapping Y and Z in coordinate system?

Software: Away3D 3.x

rin0817, Newbie
Posted: 11 July 2012 06:47 PM   Total Posts: 4

Hi all,

I’m currently rendering a bunch of primitive cubes in my scene, and I’ve also added a trident as a reference.

The problem is, I want my co-ordinate system to be x on the red trident line, y on the blue trident line and z on the green. Currently, y is on the green and z is on the blue. The result is that when I move a shape along z, it moves along the blue, instead of on the green. I’m using HoverCamera3D, and when I pan the camera, it pans across the XZ axis by default, but what I’m interested is to pan the XY axis.

Is there a way that I can make the Y run along the blue trident line and Z across the green? This way when I pan, I’ll rotate along the XY plane.

I’ve attached the screenshot (note, yellow cube is y increased by 100, red is x increased by 100, and green is z increased by 100 from the orange cube coordinates).

Thanks!
- rin

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 11 July 2012 07:45 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

Why do you want to change the axes, and not just how your application logic treats these dimensions?

rin0817, Newbie
Posted: 11 July 2012 08:52 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 2 ]

Doh… how silly of me… yes, this can be achieved by a quick tweak in my program logic. Thanks for the bump in the head, Richard smile

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X