AGALMiniAssembler.as conflict

Software: Away3D 4.x

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 11 July 2012 09:43 AM   Total Posts: 57

Hi, I have recently updated my source code library, and AGALMiniAssembler.as has been overwritten with an apparently newer version: compiling a project that uses Away3D I got an error involving AGALMiniAssembler.as, as I sent a Boolean instead of an int to the method “assemble”: I just replaced this .as with the one from the Away3D zip and now it compiles, but…..... the big problem is….......

.....what will happen to all the other projects/libraries that use AGALMiniAssembler.as? I thought it was just updated with new methods and fixes, but not with different methods declarations! I think this is a big problem, how can I use different versions of the same public library? Should I keep all the different versions? It would be a big annoyance!

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 11 July 2012 11:17 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

Are you actually having any problems with other libraries, or are you just foreseeing that it may happen if you happen to use other libraries and they happen to rely on a different version of AGALMiniAssembler?

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 11 July 2012 12:43 PM   Total Posts: 57   [ # 2 ]

I am foreseeing, as the “assemble” method exists in both versions of AGALMiniAssembler: if you tell me that usually AGALMiniAssembler is a custom class for each library, I will put it inside each project.
Maybe I missed this coding rule wink

Oh, I have just had a look at the Starling AGALMiniAssembler: assemble class expects an int instead of a Boolean as third parameter, and I suppose it will be a problem. Here I use Away3D only, but at home I will be using both Away3D and Starling.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 11 July 2012 01:19 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

When you say “updated my source code library”, what do you mean? The AGALMiniAssembler.as hasn’t changed significantly in Away3D since May of last year.

It seems however to have changed recently in Starling, so if you are having problems with that, maybe let the Starling guys know.

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 11 July 2012 03:15 PM   Total Posts: 57   [ # 4 ]

I reorganized, cleaned up and updated a few libraries to the latest versions: Starling too. Ok, as soon as I can I will try to recompile a Staring project to see if it expects a different AGALMiniAssembler (theoretically it should), and then I will open a topic about it in Starling forum, if there isn’t one yet.

I will let you know.
Thanks!

Vj3k0, Newbie
Posted: 11 September 2012 06:39 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 5 ]

Any resolutions (or suggestions) to this issue?

I did actually combine Starling and Away3D (link), and now I’m running in this conflict.

Best regards,
Vjeko

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 11 September 2012 08:11 PM   Total Posts: 57   [ # 6 ]

Nice, so I am not the only one wink

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X