using Springcam moves objects around..

Software: Away3D 4.x

whizzkid, Newbie
Posted: 01 July 2012 04:29 PM   Total Posts: 4

Hi there,

while experimenting with Away3d 4, I’ve notices something weird.
When I use the springcam and move the target, other geometry gets moved around the screen.

I’ve made a small
example project in FlashDevelop demonstrating what I mean.

Take a look at the cubes in the left view..  they should not move..

Is this a bug? or am I doing something wrong here ?

I was trying to see if i can have an object fly across a large area, and use a large lens.far.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 03 July 2012 07:23 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

What do you mean they should not move? They seem to be moving up and down in a wave formation, are you not creating that motion? If that motion is somehow inflicted by using a spring cam then that definitely sounds like a very weird bug.

whizzkid, Newbie
Posted: 03 July 2012 09:09 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 2 ]

Well.  The cubes are static.  The only thing thats moving is the red cube.. (and the springcam following it so i’m guessing that this indeed is a weird bug.

whizzkid, Newbie
Posted: 03 July 2012 10:16 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 3 ]

Also, If I use the same springcam in the 2nd view in my example project. the same weird movement is present in the static cubes, but much less.

right now the demo shows a normal camera in the 2nd view. in which the cubes are nice and static.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 04 July 2012 05:38 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 4 ]

Please file a bug report and provide the full source code. You’re going to have to upload the source code somewhere and link to it from the bug report since the issue tracker doesn’t support file uploads. The tracker can be found here: http://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/issues

Thanks!

whizzkid, Newbie
Posted: 04 July 2012 07:43 AM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 5 ]

Thanks,  I’ve created a new issue on github :
https://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/issues/328

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X