Masking a 3d objectContainer?

Software: Away3D 4.x

Wiley, Newbie
Posted: 02 July 2012 06:39 PM   Total Posts: 2

I’ve been reading to to find examples of this, but I’m new to 3d.  Can anyone lead me in the direction of how to accomplish masking a 3d objectContainer? I’ve attached an image to help demonstrate what I’m trying to do.

I would like the 3d model to have the ability to change scale, rotate, etc. and not extend beyond the circle. Is this possible?

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 02 July 2012 09:03 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

Do you mean that you want to create this type of circular “framing” of the 3D view? The easiest way to do that would be to just put a piece of vector artwork matching that frame in your display list, on top of the View3D (or anywhere really, since the 3D content is drawn on the far back of the display list.)

Wiley, Newbie
Posted: 03 July 2012 02:05 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 2 ]

I understand what you mean - let me add some more info to what we’re attempting. We are trying to have multiple circular “frames” that you can move around, as well as keep a 3d object behind that. I can provide more detail via email if needed. I was hoping there would be a way to mask, or contain, an objectContainer - so as to keep the transparent background.

Alternatively thinking of loading circular content as external .swf files and masking each of those (losing transparent background). If you have any suggestions please let me know!

Thanks

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X