Mesh position appear all in (0,0,0) when I load a 3ds model with AssetLibrary

Software: Away3D 4.x

PauloFer1, Newbie
Posted: 31 May 2012 05:44 PM   Total Posts: 5

Hi,
I have a model in 3DS, and when I load it with assetlibrary, all meshes appear in the center, why?
Do I have to put the pivot of each mesh on the center scene in 3ds Max??
But I need to rotate some meshes (wheels, doors…) because its a car…
Can someone help me?

Thanks

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 16 June 2012 01:17 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

This seems weird. They should get the position that they have in 3ds Max when they are loaded into Away3D. Can you file a bug report at http://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/issues to help us debug this? Please upload and link to the max file, the 3ds file and the source code that you’re using to load the file.

Also, you should look into using AWD2 to export models from 3ds Max to Away3D. Have a look at the http://awd.googlecode.com Google Code page for information and downloads.

PauloFer1, Newbie
Posted: 17 June 2012 09:50 PM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 2 ]

I figured out. I just give the coordinate position to the mesh like: mesh.x=mesh.scenePosition.x;
mesh.y=mesh.scenePosition.y;
mesh.z=mesh.scenePosition.z;
And it works fine…

Thanks. wink

Posted: 18 June 2012 06:52 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

Ah, so your meshes are in a container in 3ds Max, but in Away3D you add them directly to the scene? Otherwise, please provide the 3ds file if you can, and let me debug this, because you shouldn’t have to do anything to get the objects to show up in their proper position (or rather, have the correct transformation, which is relative to their parent.)

PauloFer1, Newbie
Posted: 18 June 2012 09:07 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 4 ]

I’m not an expert in 3DS Max but I don’t think the meshes are in a container (I didn’t build the model my self). And I add them in a away3D ObjectContainer3D.
Give me your email for me to send you the model. I cant post it in a public access.

Posted: 18 June 2012 09:08 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 5 ]

Thanks. You can find my e-mail address at http://richardolsson.se

fxdev, Newbie
Posted: 23 August 2012 07:31 AM   Total Posts: 25   [ # 6 ]

Hi,

I need some help with this Problem. I have Objects in Blender. I export them as 3ds or obj File then I load them in Prefab and export into AWD2.

In my scene each obj does not have position or sceneposition coordinates, but rendering is correct.

How comes this?

I attach a test.zip Hope that anyone can help.

File Attachments
testfiles.zip  (File Size: 293KB - Downloads: 218)

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:43 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 7 ]

What are their positions in Blender? What are their positions in Prefab? Have you tried to conclude where the positions disappear? Are you sure you are not using any Prefab features that could bake transforms, e.g. merging the geometry?

fxdev, Newbie
Posted: 23 August 2012 10:43 AM   Total Posts: 25   [ # 8 ]

I checked the position again seems that they dont have any position in Blender. I asked this because I need Physics on some of these objects.

For now I solved the Problem with AWPConvexHullShape. With this I have what I need for Physic Objects with low Polygons.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 26 August 2012 01:29 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 9 ]

A bit late (just back from vacation). Just to add, that if you would want to restore position information from origin based objectspace data. Simply open Prefab’s prefs and select recenter models after load.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X