How to access cameras exported from 3ds max via AWD2 format

Software: Away3D 4.x

seanClusta, Jr. Member
Posted: 10 June 2012 02:52 PM   Total Posts: 38

Hi, I’m not sure if this is entirely possible. I have setup a scene in MAX which has a target camera and a VRAY dome camera. I have exported it using the AWD2 epxort plugin and can load this into my Away3D sceen using either a Loader3D object or an AssetLoader object. These load fine and fire the according events, but I don’t know how to access / reference the cameras.

Are these exported with the scene from MAX? I’m a bit confused as to what objects are exported from a MAX scene and how to use them, could anyone point me in the right direction for this please? Ideally i want to be able to use the VRAY dome camera (360 deg view of scene) in Away3D but this may be a bit hopeful… smile

Many Thanks
Sean

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 16 June 2012 11:49 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

Cameras are not currently being exported with AWD. It might be added in AWD2.1 or 2.2, but even then it will only support camera types (and lenses) that exist in Away3D. Hence, you are probably right that hoping for a VRAY camera type is a little optimistic. smile

seanClusta, Jr. Member
Posted: 21 June 2012 10:26 AM   Total Posts: 38   [ # 2 ]

No worries, thanks for your reply Richard. I will try to replicate the same thing using the built in cameras and lenses if possible (i’m trying to acieve a fish-eye lens with 180 deg viewing angle)

Props on the AWD2 format by the way, it’s great to have the workflow in our studio to be able to export from 3DS and into Away3D.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X