AW2 from 3dmax 2012 loaded fail

Software: Away3D 4.x

cwoandrew, Newbie
Posted: 15 June 2012 08:09 AM   Total Posts: 6

Just exported a simple animated file from max 2012.

and I am using the “Intermediate_CharacterAnimation.as” from example file
and hided all code in “private function onAssetComplete”, to test load awd2 file to the scene.

got this error:

[Fault] exception, information=Error: Error #2030:

attached the max file and the awd file. Could anyone load it and load the animation?

Thank you very much!

File Attachments
tube.zip  (File Size: 31KB - Downloads: 136)
tube.zip  (File Size: 31KB - Downloads: 138)

cwoandrew, Newbie
Posted: 15 June 2012 08:22 AM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 1 ]

I suggest that, can put an example file on https://code.google.com/p/awd/
including:

1. an example.max file with sample animation,
2. an exampleAwd2.awd file export from the exporter, and
3. an exampleLoadAWD.as file to load that awd2 file

Thank you very much!

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 15 June 2012 09:09 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 2 ]

Hi,

I don’t think a lot of people know the error codes in their head, so if you could please provide the complete error message and call stack that could greatly improve our ability to help you identify the problem.

What kind of animation are you trying to export? The only supported animation feature is skeletal animation.

If you’re exporting skeletal animation it’s important to note that you have to use 3ds Max’s standard “bones” (not character studio/biped et c) for now.

Have you tried loading other AWD2 files (not containing animation) with the same set-up? Make sure you’re using the latest max exporter (1.0.2) and the latest Away3D source code from the “release” GitHub branch.

buut, Newbie
Posted: 15 June 2012 01:44 PM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 3 ]

i use 1.0.2 for max 64 bit and upgrade from svn i have same error

Error: Error #2030: End of file was encountered.
at flash.utils::ByteArray/readUTFBytes()
at away3d.loaders.parsers::AWD2Parser/parseVarStr()[C:\Users\Gok\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\away3dEx\src\away3d\loaders\parsers\AWD2Parser.as:853]
at away3d.loaders.parsers::AWD2Parser/parseUserAttributes()[C:\Users\Gok\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\away3dEx\src\away3d\loaders\parsers\AWD2Parser.as:912]
at away3d.loaders.parsers::AWD2Parser/parseMaterial()[C:\Users\Gok\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\away3dEx\src\away3d\loaders\parsers\AWD2Parser.as:380]
at away3d.loaders.parsers::AWD2Parser/parseNextBlock()[C:\Users\Gok\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\away3dEx\src\away3d\loaders\parsers\AWD2Parser.as:274]
at away3d.loaders.parsers::AWD2Parser/proceedParsing()[C:\Users\Gok\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\away3dEx\src\away3d\loaders\parsers\AWD2Parser.as:218]
at away3d.loaders.parsers::ParserBase/onInterval()[C:\Users\Gok\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\away3dEx\src\away3d\loaders\parsers\ParserBase.as:309]
at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 15 June 2012 01:48 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 4 ]

Are you getting Away3D from SVN? We haven’t used SVN i a long time, and at most we sync it up on major releases. The code that you need is only on GitHub.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X