AWD2 blender exporter status

Software: Away3D 4.x

Huck, Jr. Member
Posted: 30 April 2012 06:40 PM   Total Posts: 45

Hi Guys,

I would like to begin using awd2 format for my game and I was wondering what is the current development status and where i can find the latest blender exporter? i cant seem to find it online.

i know awd2 is not complete, but i would like to experiemnt with it, see how it behaves.

thanks!

Baush, Sr. Member
Posted: 31 May 2012 05:49 PM   Total Posts: 135   [ # 1 ]

Bump!

This would greatly simplify my 3d pipeline.

synkarius, Member
Posted: 11 October 2012 03:45 AM   Total Posts: 64   [ # 2 ]

Here is the source for the Blender plugin. If either of you guys get it compiled, please let me know. I’m about to try on Windows XP. If I succeed, I’ll post it.

Link: Source

Baush, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 October 2012 11:07 AM   Total Posts: 135   [ # 3 ]

I believe this is for the AWD1 format.

http://code.google.com/p/awd/source/browse/exporters/blender/io_awd/awd_export.py

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 11 October 2012 02:03 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

No not at all. This is for an awd2 generation. Awd1 generator exists only in Prefab 1 & 2. Version 1 is ascii based and doesn’t support animations. It is now a way to exchange data between your Away3D 3 & 4.x projects.

Baush, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 October 2012 03:12 PM   Total Posts: 135   [ # 5 ]

Oh! That’s awesome news then! I will test it out smile

Thanks

Huck, Jr. Member
Posted: 29 June 2013 11:40 PM   Total Posts: 45   [ # 6 ]

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what is the state of the blender exporter for AWD now? i see the awd_export.py in the sdk but it has not been updated since september 2011, thats a long time ago and seems a bit stale.

anyone nice enough to guide me as to what is the best way to export AWD from blender3D as of current time?

thanks!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X