Problems setting up Away3D in Adobe Flash Professional

Software: Away3D 4.x

Autumn, Newbie
Posted: 17 May 2012 09:27 AM   Total Posts: 5

Hello,

For some reason I’m not able to setup Away3D to work in Adobe Flash Professional. I first downloaded the latest SWC file and linked to that file under File -> Actionscript Settings -> Library Path tab. But then when I try to compile I get all these ‘Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant’ errors.

So then I downloaded the source files and added the path to those files to File -> Actionscript Settings -> Source Path tab. But then I still get those errors.

Does anyone here know how to get Away3D working for Flash Professional?

Rayen123, Member
Posted: 21 May 2012 10:47 AM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 1 ]

Hi,
this is instruction how I did it.

in preferences - actionstript 3.0 link away3D src folder and .swc file. (like you see in image - I dont have english version of flash, but it has same location like in EN)

and then, if you want start away3D scene with flash like “test movie” its not possible. But only way how to do it, is that download flash debugger 11.2 from adobe site, and replace it with original (adobe flash profesional / players / debug ,  like in picture in attachment ). And then restart flash. And when you will test your flash, do not press CTRL+ENTER, but CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (it will be start via debugger).

Hope it will help smile

Autumn, Newbie
Posted: 21 May 2012 07:50 PM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 2 ]

Hi Rayen,

Thanks for giving me the instructions and the screenshot. But I can not find the FlashPlayerDubugger.exe on the site where you linked to. On that site there are installer applications for flash player debuggers, but not the FlashPlayerDebugger.exe. I tried run a few of those installers but they did not create a FlashPlayerDebugger.exe anywhere on my harddisk.

Where can I get that executable?

Thanks again for the help so far.

Rayen123, Member
Posted: 22 May 2012 12:17 AM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 3 ]

Hi,
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
and download “Flash Player 11.2 Projector content debugger (EXE, 8.91MB)”
Then rename it to FlashPlayerDebugger.exe and replace to players/debug folder in Adobe flash prefesional.smile

Autumn, Newbie
Posted: 22 May 2012 09:55 PM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 4 ]

Rayen, thanks a lot for your intructions and attempt to help, but it did not work. I still can not compile anything. I get the same error messages. I tried to compile both with and without debug mode.

I hope someone still has an idea.

Rayen123, Member
Posted: 23 May 2012 08:38 AM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 5 ]

Did you compile it with Flash Player 11.2 (in attachment picture)?

Try compile it again with it,(try create .html file with it, and in .html file change wmode = direct. And try .html in browser, maybe debbuger doesnt work normaly).

If you dont know how to set up, here is tutorial
“Targeting Adobe Flash Player 11 Release Candidate for Desktops.”
http://priyeshsheth.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/how-to-use-flash-player-11-air-3-with-flash-professional-cs5-5/

(here is .swc http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-3.html , wow, there is 11.3, i have to upgrade raspberry, “Flash Player 11.3 Beta Global SWC” . And in ..players/FlashPlayer11_2.xml which you create by tutorial, change version to 15 or 16 (I think 11.3 is 16), not 13 which is in tutorial! because tutorial is for FP11, and we have FP11.3).

Hope this help, if not, maybe you have something wrong in your code. Because good set up away3D src and swc, and set up compiler to 11.2 it must work (and set HardwareAcceleration to direct (cpu)).

Rayen

ASWC, Member
Posted: 23 May 2012 12:27 PM   Total Posts: 76   [ # 6 ]

When you say “Flash Professional” what exactly do you mean? Natively only Flash CS6 can run Away3D 4. Flash CS5 and CS5.5 can but have to be tweaked first (they cannot run Away3D 4 natively).

Autumn, Newbie
Posted: 23 May 2012 10:06 PM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 7 ]

I found the problem. It appears I was using the 3.6 documentation and not the 4.0 documentation red face. I’m correcting the source code right now.

I know that Flash CS5.5 needs to be tweaked, I had already followed the instructions on that same tutorial you linked me to. I had selected flash 11.2 under ‘publish settings’. What I did not yet knew was about the FlashPlayerDebugger.exe, which I now have fixed.

Thanks for all the help,

Rayen123, Member
Posted: 23 May 2012 10:49 PM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 8 ]

You are welcome wink.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X