Too many Stage3D instances used!

Software: Away3D 4.x

sendoushi, Newbie
Posted: 18 May 2012 02:42 PM   Total Posts: 15

Hey guys!

I’m doing an application that has three different sections for 3D.
I was having problems using the same view for all them, some alpha issues and stuff so what did I thought? “Lets null the 3D when get outs of the section and then it creates a new one”.
This method works great for what I want but…
“Too many Stage3D instances used!”

So… The issue now is… How can I close all Stage3D? I don’t need them for anything! When the section dies I tell the view to die also but still… doesn’t seem to be enough… Ideas on how to solve this?

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 19 May 2012 06:33 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

See this thread. No definitive answer yet (devs??) but some pointers.

forum/viewthread/2385/

ASWC, Member
Posted: 19 May 2012 03:34 PM   Total Posts: 76   [ # 2 ]

The solution is now found (don’t know if it was always there or it’s just the new Away3D version that was fixed on this issue). Do not null your view3D but call dispose() (IMPERATIVE!) on it and then create a new view3D and start over. Calling dispose() clears all memory associated with the used stage3D instance but also remove it correctly from the stage3DManager so the next call to getFreeStage3DProxy() returns an unused stage3D (yes the one you just used!). So create a new view3D and you can start over for an unlimited number of times. In my tests I was always ending up with the same stage3D so even though I created 20 view3D (new view3D -> dispose() -> new view3D -> etc) Away3D always gave me back the first unused stage3D (so the same one).

Btw I talk about the Away3D new version cos it was updated 10 days ago (don’t know if that update has to do with the fact that I don’t see anymore problem cleaning a view3D).

sendoushi, Newbie
Posted: 21 May 2012 10:05 AM   Total Posts: 15   [ # 3 ]

ASWC, I didn’t update 10 days ago and that dispose() worked just fine.
Thanks a lot!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X