Optimizing for AIR 3.2 for Android

Software: Away3D 4.x

Baush, Sr. Member
Posted: 09 April 2012 10:25 PM   Total Posts: 135   [ # 31 ]

I have done a new test with the official beta, after re-setting my whole environment and got a little performance boost. I can now run my test at 30 fps with some hiccups..

I have a feeling that anything with alpha transparency is taking a toll on performance, especially on the mobile device.. I’ll do another test without

Jesse Nicholson, Newbie
Posted: 17 May 2012 02:01 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 32 ]

Xperia Play struggling to maintain 20 FPS, while my HTC OneX was loling at the demo, rendering well over the 60 threshold. Frame counter was jumping all over the place from 70 to 120. But, not much of a surprise there.

Paul Schlichter, Newbie
Posted: 17 May 2012 10:41 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 33 ]

I experienced the following things to be a performance killer on SOME mobile devices ( say iPad 1 & HTC Desire a hundred times wink

- Textures with alphaBlending enabled
- Textures with added methods
- Lights
- Textures larger than 512x512

Best regards, Paul

kurzemnieks, Newbie
Posted: 07 June 2012 03:34 PM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 34 ]

I was testing on HTC Desire and noticed that a single light makes huge difference (especially on large objects that take up a lot of screen space). 12fps with light on, 50-60fps without light.

Is there any way to improve this? Maybe use some lower quality light shader or something?

klausklaus, Newbie
Posted: 15 August 2012 08:52 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 35 ]

@Fabrice Closier
which touchlib did you use for the roomdemo apk? on my google galaxy nexus there is a noticeable delay between gesture and rotation/zoom. is this because of the complexity of the scene and could it be impoved?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X