Texture broken using away3dlite + awd

Software: Away3D Lite

blumersolutions, Newbie
Posted: 10 May 2012 05:18 AM   Total Posts: 13

Hi all, I’m using the following code to include an awd file, using away3dlite. But as you can see in the attachment the texture is clearly broken. Is this the expected behaviour? Is there anything I can do to display it properly?

(texture displays OK, as expected, when using away3d 4 beta)

[Embed(source=“assets/Map.awd”, mimeType=“application/octet-stream”)]
private var Map:Class;

var myoutput:Object3D = AWData.parse(new Map(), “assets/images/”);

scene.addChild(myoutput);

Thanks in advance.

blumersolutions, Newbie
Posted: 10 May 2012 12:34 PM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 1 ]

btw, it’s behaves the same way if I load the awd file on prefab..

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 10 May 2012 12:39 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

Its not a broken texture, its a sorting issue. Your model is probably not continuous (having a vertex of another triangle along edges or triangles intersecting another one).  Try in Prefab the top left dropdown, set by default on basic, and set it to Z-order)

Modeling for flash 9/10 is way less friendly than in 11.x…

blumersolutions, Newbie
Posted: 10 May 2012 01:23 PM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 3 ]

Fabrice, thanks for your answer!
tried your suggestion, and it works on preFab. But, when I export the file the model is broken again..

Do I need to apply the “z-order” option by code once the model is loaded, do I need to set something else on prefab?

Thanks in advance.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 10 May 2012 03:17 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

Prefab doesn’t set up your view, it displays your model, and the dropdown shows you what happends if you would choose for an another renderer. More expensive. Problem is that you use Lite and if I recall, there is no such option in the engine… In away 3.x there is also a pushFront/back option that can be set on meshes to force some “isolation” or even add an owncanvas (a container holding the faces sprites considered in the loop as a single face)

You have 2 options left if it doesn’t work codewize:
1: try select the meshes on top, the blue and pink ones, and in prefab select TriFaces. then export. The faces become then smaller, and are no longer parallel to the underlaying triangles (it looks like they are).
2: modify your model, in a continous way, (use snap to grid or equivallent for every vertex) and weld it.

blumersolutions, Newbie
Posted: 10 May 2012 10:13 PM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 5 ]

Hi Fabrice, THANKS (again) for your help. I’ll try your suggestions and I’ll post the results.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X