Trying to load an exported file from 3dMax

Software: Away3D 4.x

blumersolutions, Newbie
Posted: 22 April 2012 06:49 AM   Total Posts: 13

Hi all,
I’m considering away3d for a 3D based application.
I have an animated (rigged) model on 3DMax that I need to display on Flash. I’m considering Away3D & Flare3D as well.
Flare3D + their propietary 3DMax plugin is working almost right out of the box, but I’d like to give Away3D a chance before dropping it.

I’m having issues loading exported assets (I’m using the code examples for away3d 4):
1) Collada doesn’t seem to be supported anymore on Away3d 4 beta, right?
2) I’ve tried to create an awd file using the this exporter: http://blog.alladvanced.net/2011/03/01/awdaway3d-data-format-exporter-for-3ds-max/ (no errors during export). But when I try to load the file I’m getting the following error:

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
at away3d.loaders.parsers::AWD1Parser/parseFacesToMesh()[/Users/robbateman/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/away3d-core-fp11/src/away3d/loaders/parsers/AWD1Parser.as:331]
at away3d.loaders.parsers::AWD1Parser/proceedParsing()[/Users/robbateman/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/away3d-core-fp11/src/away3d/loaders/parsers/AWD1Parser.as:286]
at away3d.loaders.parsers::ParserBase/onInterval()[/Users/robbateman/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/away3d-core-fp11/src/away3d/loaders/parsers/ParserBase.as:309]
at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

Any idea?

blumersolutions, Newbie
Posted: 22 April 2012 06:56 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 1 ]

Could any of you send me a working max file to investigate it further if possible?. Just to check that I’m not missing something perhaps.
(I mean a file containing an object able to exported as awd and loaded later on away3d)
Thanks in advance.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X