MouseEvent3D on Ipad

Software: Away3D 4.x

jeffrey9700, Newbie
Posted: 16 March 2012 05:04 PM   Total Posts: 14

I currently have an Ipad application where MouseEvents do not fire on Sprite3D’s or Meshes… They work when dubugging in Flash Builder but not when installed on the Ipad. Is this a known issue? Any solution?

3dNewb, Sr. Member
Posted: 16 March 2012 08:47 PM   Total Posts: 105   [ # 1 ]

I am expierencing the same issue, MouseEvent3D not fired on iPad. Anybody got an Android tablet that we can try out?

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 16 March 2012 11:11 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

You are probably not using the latest version. The null event issue on Android (and IOS) has been fixed. I have several demos running on mobiles with the events triggered properly (tho I have not tested them all yet).

Note that it can be another bug. Please send offline your code to reproduce.

3dNewb, Sr. Member
Posted: 17 March 2012 02:05 PM   Total Posts: 105   [ # 3 ]

I just updated to the newest commit

This is the ipad error that is not on Desktop:

TypeErrorError #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.

at away3d.core.raycast.colliders::TriangleCollider/updateRay()[C:\Dropbox\git\away3d-core-fp11\src\away3d\core\raycast\colliders\TriangleCollider.as:171]
 at away3d
.core.raycast::MouseRaycast/evaluate()[C:\Dropbox\git\away3d-core-fp11\src\away3d\core\raycast\MouseRaycast.as:107]
 at away3d
.core.managers::Mouse3DManager/getObjectHitData()[C:\Dropbox\git\away3d-core-fp11\src\away3d\core\managers\Mouse3DManager.as:180]
 at away3d
.core.managers::Mouse3DManager/updateHitData()[C:\Dropbox\git\away3d-core-fp11\src\away3d\core\managers\Mouse3DManager.as:118]
 at away3d
.containers::View3D/render()[C:\Dropbox\git\away3d-core-fp11\src\away3d\containers\View3D.as:502] 

The data property of _rayTriangleKernel seems to be null.

3dNewb, Sr. Member
Posted: 17 March 2012 03:00 PM   Total Posts: 105   [ # 4 ]

I have the same strange work-around as with this issue:
http://goo.gl/gepB5

( I use an url shortener because the forum software is broken and won’t allow you to link to another topic :s )

//TriangleCollider.as
override public function updateRayposition:Vector3Ddirection:Vector3D ):void {
   try{
    _rayTriangleKernel
.data.rayStartPoint.value [ position.xposition.yposition.z ];

_rayTriangleKernel.data.rayDirection.value [ direction.xdirection.ydirection.z ];

catch(e:*){
    trace
('triangle updateRay error');

}
   super
.updateRaypositiondirection );

Don’t add try/catch: Error
Add try/catch: No error, no caught exception

:/

Donny, Jr. Member
Posted: 04 April 2012 02:07 AM   Total Posts: 34   [ # 5 ]

I’m having the same issue, I’m unable to access MouseEvent3D on iOS. I’m using the latest master branch.

3dNewb, Sr. Member
Posted: 04 April 2012 04:55 AM   Total Posts: 105   [ # 6 ]

I’m finding that using “CLICK” events do not work. My theorie: For a click to happen, you need to put you finger down and up in quick manner, but between the up-and-down movement of your finger, you have probably already called a view.render() and the action is no longer registered as a CLICK. Just a theorie though.

use MOUSE_DOWN. That works for me.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X