distanceScaling in Sprite3D

Software: Away3D 4.x

Hector, Sr. Member
Posted: 30 November 2011 07:58 PM   Total Posts: 137

Hi everybody,
I’m converting my application from away3.6 to away4. In Sprite3D I miss ‘distanceScaling’. Does anybody know if it has been changed or is not available yet?
If it doesn’t exist yet, how can I simulate it? Basically this feature makes the sprite3D keep the same size on the screen while the camera zooms in/out.

hiroalex, Newbie
Posted: 30 November 2011 08:07 PM   Total Posts: 15   [ # 1 ]

Hi !

I am also interested in this feature…
raspberry

Alex

Hector, Sr. Member
Posted: 23 February 2012 12:05 AM   Total Posts: 137   [ # 2 ]

Now that v4 Beta is out, is this feature in the ‘to do’ list?

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 23 February 2012 10:43 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 3 ]

May I ask what you use it for?
If it were pop-up boxes, or something like that, I would keep them in Flashes display list and move them by unprojecting a point in the 3D scene.
(for example if it was a speech bubble that followed a character)

Otherwise, if it has to remain within 3D space, you will have to manually scale it in your render loop, proportionally to the distance from camera, taking into account the field of view.

Good Luck!

BobWarfield, Newbie
Posted: 04 March 2012 02:31 AM   Total Posts: 19   [ # 4 ]
theMightyAtom - 23 February 2012 10:43 AM

Otherwise, if it has to remain within 3D space, you will have to manually scale it in your render loop, proportionally to the distance from camera, taking into account the field of view.

Good Luck!

Aw, that’s a bummer.

For my CAD/CAM application, I use it to create markers that are geometric objects that need to remain the same size so they stay clearly visible and predictable no matter how the user zooms and flies through the drawing.

Sure would love to have this one back.

Best,

BW

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 04 March 2012 06:52 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 5 ]

Then as suggested, I would keep them in the displayList above the actual 3D scene…

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X