Any updated tutorials?

Software: Away3D 4.x

alber91, Newbie
Posted: 21 January 2012 12:26 PM   Total Posts: 3

Hi, I’m starting with away3d but I see that all the tutorials and books are not updated to version 4.0.
Is there any way that I can learn how to use away3d? Any tutorials, guides?

Thank you.

Huck, Jr. Member
Posted: 21 January 2012 01:13 PM   Total Posts: 45   [ # 1 ]

HI alber91,

i dont know if this is what you are looking for, but in the away3d code repository you do have quite a few examples for away3D 4 which will tell you the essentials on how to use the engine.

https://github.com/away3d

for away3d 4, you have the away3d-examples-fp11 project which contains for now only 3 examples specific to away3d 4. you can also check examples-broomstick in the same repository for much more examples. some of them are slightly out of date, but all you need to do is replace parseData to loadData and move around parameters (something like that, its easy to google up once the compiler gives you the error) and the examples will work.

Hope this helps,

alber91, Newbie
Posted: 21 January 2012 01:32 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

Thanks for the answer Huck.
I read the code but is not so easy to understand. What I’m looking for is like a “Getting started”, or simple tutorials on how to show a simple 3d object to show on the screen.
Something simple.
Any idea?

Thank you

Huck, Jr. Member
Posted: 21 January 2012 02:00 PM   Total Posts: 45   [ # 3 ]

Did you try the tutorials page on this website? it has very simple examples for away3d 4 that are perfect to understand the basics.

i would link it here, but the forum engine seems to see it as spam.

away3d[dot]com/tutorials/

alber91, Newbie
Posted: 21 January 2012 03:13 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]

Yes I saw that ones, but they are from 2008. I guess something has changed since then. I will try to do them in any case.

Thank you

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X