Importing camera animation

Software: Away3D 4.x

AlexG, Newbie
Posted: 11 January 2012 08:13 PM   Total Posts: 3

I need to import camera animation from 3Ds Max.
Is it possible? Maybe I need to link camera’s motion in Away to a dummy animation?
Thanks

inSertCodE, Sr. Member
Posted: 17 January 2012 04:23 PM   Total Posts: 105   [ # 1 ]

Not possible with the current parsers. You’ll have to figure out a different way to do it. If you know MaxScript you can write you’re own exporter and after that a parser in away.

Another way is to animate the camera in away3d. Then you can capture the camera position, rotation, target position… at key frames, save that data and write an tween animator to move from on position to another.
Third option is to use the md5 camera exporter (because a plugin already exist). But you’ll still have to write parser for the md5cam and tween between key frames.

Whatever way you choose it won’t be easy and its only affordable for a big project.

AlexG, Newbie
Posted: 17 January 2012 04:43 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

The can I export animation of a dummy, or a box? And in Away 3D I will assign the box animation to camera. Current parsers can export box animation from 3Ds Max? Can I assign custom object position to camera position?

inSertCodE, Sr. Member
Posted: 17 January 2012 05:01 PM   Total Posts: 105   [ # 3 ]

Now when you mentioned it there might be one more way to do it. Create a bone (just one) in 3d Max and attach the camera to it. Animate it and export the bone with md5. In away you’re camera won’t move with the bone but you can update you’re camera position/rotation to the bone’s position/rotation each frame.
*this is highly hypothetical and I haven’t tried it.*

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X