Flash Player version confusion

Software: Away3D 4.x

RandyS, Newbie
Posted: 13 December 2011 05:48 PM   Total Posts: 3

Flash Player Confusion

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to get started with Away3D 4.x and using the tutorial on the Adobe site ...

“Creating 3D games and apps with Away3D 4 and Stage 3D – Part 1”

I have Adobe CS5 Flash Pro and Flash Builder 4 installed as part of the CS5 Master Collection and I have downloaded and installed trial versions of CS5.5 for Flash Pro and Flash builder 4.6 with Flex SDK 4.6

I’m following the steps and have downloaded the GettingStartedFiles and everything goes okay until I try the first compile and FB4.6 get an error stating ...

Installed Adobe Flash Player version: 11,0,1,152
Required version: 11,1,0,0

Now FB 4.6 installed Flash Player 11.1 in its own directories so I downloaded flashplayer_11_sa_32bit.exe from Adobe at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html but I don’t know where to put it exactly. There appears to be multiple FlashPlayer.exe files throughout my Adobe installations. So I’m guessing the FB 4.6 is being pointed to an old version.

How can I change/correct this?

Thanks,
RandyS

PS: Here’s what I mean about FlashPlayer versions being everywhere.

E:\Program Files\Adobe Flash Builder 4\player\win\Flashplayer.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Players\Flashplayer.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Players\Release\FlashPlayer.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5\player\win\FlashPlayer.exe
E:\Program Files (x86)\plugins\com.powerflasher.fdt.shippedFlexSDK4_4.0.0.14159_1000\flex\runtimes\player\10\win\FlashPlayer.exe
E:\Program Files (x86)\plugins\com.powerflasher.fdt.shippedFlexSDK_3.5.0.12683a_1000\flex\runtimes\player\win\FlashPlayer.exe
E:\Program Files (x86)\plugins\com.powerflasher.fdt.shippedFlexSDK_3.5.0.12683a_1000\flex\runtimes\player\10\win\FlashPlayer.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe Flash CS5\Players\FlashPlayer.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe Flash CS5\Players\Release\FlashPlayer.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe Flash Builder 4\player\win\FlashPlayer - Copy.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe Flash Builder 4\player\win\FlashPlayer_10.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe Flash CS5\Players\Debug\flashplayer_10_sa_debug.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe Flash Builder 4\player\win\flashplayer_10_sa_debug.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Players\FlashPlayer_v10.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe Flash CS5\Players\Debug\FlashPlayerDebugger.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Players\Debug\FlashPlayerDebugger.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\player\win\11.1\FlashPlayerDebugger.exe

bittoo46, Newbie
Posted: 14 December 2011 05:29 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 1 ]

Great post! I like this post. I often fall in problem with Flash Player. How can we prevent this problem?

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 14 December 2011 04:27 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 2 ]

For flash cs5
http://blogs.adobe.com/rgalvan/2011/11/adding-fp11-support-to-flash-pro-cs5-and-cs5-5.html

Flashbuilder, Im sure someones posted links somewhere on this forum.

RandyS, Newbie
Posted: 14 December 2011 11:05 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 3 ]

Well I seem to have it compiling now after updating my CS5.5 trial install so it would publish to the v11 properly. Still it must be a headache for Adobe to maintain all the various installations of Flash Player. It certainly appears to be a headache for all of us.

I propose that Adobe just creates a ONE Flash Player directory for us authors and keeps them all there and the installed apps would reference that location.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Player\ ... etc

Cheers,
RandyS

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X